The Society of Obstetric Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (SOMANZ) will hold its Annual Scientific Meeting at the Pullman International Hotel, Cairns from 13 - 15 July 2018.
The program has been developed to highlight the important nexus between pregnancy and pre-existing medical disorders as well as the medical complications that can result from pregnancy. A key focus of this year’s meeting will be on the haematological aspects of obstetric medicine, pre-eclampsia, and other complex medical complications as they relate to pregnancy. Specific themes of the meeting include:
- Plenary: Acute fatty Liver of pregnancy
- Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy
- Thrombocytopenia in Pregnancy
- Rare bleeding disorders in Pregnancy
- Fertility & Pregnancy with Malignancy
- Pre-eclampsia– update including placental biology, role of statin, debate on first trimester screening
- Paternal contribution in foetal growth
- Rheumatic Heart Disease and pregnancy
- Mechanical heart valve and anticoagulation in pregnancy and peripartum
- Interactive session on stroke and complex cardiological cases in pregnancy
We look forward to seeing you in Cairns!
Conference Chair, Annual Scientific Meeting 2018