Abstract submissions for SOMANZ 2018 will open shortly.
- POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Those preparing a physical poster should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by 120cm high (portrait orientation). Velcro will be waiting and available to fix the poster to the boards.
- APPLYING FOR SOCIETY AWARDS & GRANTS
If you would like to apply for the society awards on offer, please make sure you tick the appropriate box whilst submitting your abstracts and ensure you are eligible. Visit the awards page for all details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I START MY SUBMISSION?
1. Are you using one of the following browsers
- INTERNET EXPLORER (ver 5.5 or newer)
- NETSCAPE (ver 7.4 or newer) or
- MOZILLA (ver 1.3 or newer)
If not the screen will tell you if it detects you are using the wrong software and you would be advised to change to a computer with one of them installed.
2. Have you got your abstract open and running on your own computer? You need to be able to cut and paste it onto the web. (Note that keypad short cuts do not work with Mozilla, you need to use the menu, edit, paste command to paste in text to your submission).
3. Is your abstract text less than 320 words? – it will not allow you to paste larger submissions. The word count does NOT include your title, authoring or cited references.
4. Have you got a table in your abstract? If you have, it may copy and paste straight into the submission. This is likely if you have used the Times New Roman font and it is not physically large (try and keep it less than 12 cm wide on an A4 sheet). Otherwise you should save a copy of your table as an image file on your own computer first and upload that. (It should be a .tif .gif .png or .jpg file)
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and their acceptance to oral or poster presentation will be announced.
- WHAT ARE THE STEPS INVOLVED IN UPLOADING MY ABSTRACT?
The first step in uploading your abstract is to record your personal details on your own 'Currinda Profile'. If you have already completed it for your registration or another ASN event, you will not have to repeat this, just 'log in' to your Currinda Profile. As you complete your registration you will receive a confirmation email. You will be able to upload your abstract via your personal profile.
You can use your email and password to access your abstract submission at any time.
The presenting author must be the person submitting the abstract and they must do this from their own 'Currinda profile'.
You can cut and paste your abstract in several simple steps. The benefits of this system are many but include:
- Allowing you to preview your abstract and make modifications to your satisfaction.
- Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation.
- Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the abstract book.
- Ensuring consistent presentation of all abstracts in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed).
When you've finished the submission you will receive a confirmation email with your Abstract Submission Reference Number. You can view or edit your abstract by returning to your Currinda profile.
If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact ASN Events.
- AM I ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO MY SUBMISSION AFTER IT HAS BEEN FINALISED?
Changes can be made to your abstract until the scoring process begins. Just return to your Currinda profile and select the Edit option under Abstracts. The edit option will no longer appear once scoring has commenced.
- WHEN WILL I FIND OUT MY RESULT?
Notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. It will also appear on your own Currinda Profile. The notification will include specific presentation instructions.